Sunday, March 13, 2011

March

Well this has been an interesting month. Nick was to transfer to the USS Barry later this month, but their plans changed and caused him to have to leave on the 11th. Today is the 13th and he is stuck on a base in Italy because his ship cannot get to him for another week or two. Luckily, his parents came down at last minute to see him and they took us to the airport. Let me tell you something, saying goodbye was the hardest thing ever. Sure we have said goodbye when he left for boot camp, and A school and every time he came home before we were married but this time was so much harder. We have spent every day and night together for the last 2 years, and now we have to go 4-6 months with hardly even talking. His family is expecting me to stay strong, not cry, and hold everything together, but it is very hard. However, now that I am thinking it would be nice to have someone to go to when I feel weak, but I know I can do 4-6 months. I'll just cry like a baby when he gets back.

His mother, Janet, asked me to go back to Ohio for a while to help her. She is having a hip replacement done and will need someone there all the time. Bill, her husband, can't take that amount of time off without getting fired. So, I accepted. My parents are coming down in April to pick me up and I will stay until at least June. Our rent is an allotment, and all our other bills I can pay online. So, my husband and I both thought why not. It would save us money&make his family feel better knowing someone is there for his mother. Of course, someone will come to the apartment to make sure everything is okay.

My sister turned 18 today and has made her statement about none of my parents rules applying to her anymore. My parents wont stand up to her. So I told them I do not want to hear them complaining.

School is going fine. I started doubling up. So these two classes I am taking now are my 7th and 8th class with Ashford. I am working very hard to lose weight. I will find out in the next week or two what my progress has been. I've decided not to pay attention to the number on the scale. Instead, I am paying attention to my body fat measurements.

No comments: